Saturday, October 6, 2012

Emotional Luppie!


Ok, so today was one of those days when I feel bad for my sister.  I have been in one hell of a mood and all my sister can do is sit back and run for cover when I throw a fit!

I have been very emotional lately, part of it has to do with the pain, but that isn’t what is getting to me these days.  In 14 days I should have been toeing the line for my first iron distance triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run).  My goal was to complete an iron distance before my 35th birthday. I was all ready to do that, my training was going pretty well, then this damn disease hit.  Forget slowing me down, it flat out floored me.  Not only am I not can I not race, I can barely walk these days.  I am excited if I can do an hour in the pool, half walking/half swimming.  My sister and I took the money we had saved up for the road trip to the race and reinvested it into a dream vacation.  I am excited that this amazing trip is coming up, but the dark cloud of “failure” is hanging over my head.  I know in my brain I am not a failure, I am just dealing with a minor setback, but my heart isn’t feeling it that way. 

In preparation for our upcoming amazing trip, Kid’s Hair Salon opened up (with the color my sister and I like plus the length/thickness of our hair it would cost a fortune to have our hair done professionally).  Minions wanted their hair done too, sure not a problem.  I set up my room so I could be sitting while doing everyone’s hair.  Got my sister’s hair done (three tubes of color and 7.5 oz of developer – see big bucks!!!!)  and then she helped me with mine.  Today it was highlight day (I don’t like doing multiple steps in the same day).  I put the bleach in my sister’s hair, then minion #1’s head followed by minion #2.  I sat around and waited for my turn, well it seemed like my hair was not going to get done.  So I put on the highlighting cap and started pulling my hair through and finally minion #1 came in and started helping.  When it was time to mix the product he sat in the middle of my bed and RIPPED it opened and watched the bleach powder fly everywhere!  Mind you, he is not a kid, he is a teenager.  He had seen me mix two previous bowls of it.  Needless to say while it was being cleaned up (mostly by my sister) and threw a mini temper tantrum and declared that I refuse to do anyone’s hair unless mine got to be first and this was stupid and it was a waste and I didn’t want purple in my hair anyway and…  See it isn’t easy to live with an emotional lupie! 

On a positive note… I am a thief!  I know, that isn’t a positive note, I guess it would be better phrased that someone in my running community had a brilliant idea and I decided to copy it.  Fiona is a dragon who raises awareness for Leukemia and lymphoma.  She is a cute little dragon who really gets around.  My sister and I decided Luppie Adventures needed a mascot or two as well.  Ok, we have three.  Luppie is a cute little purple rhino who has a mani and pedi I would kill for!  And Lala (green dragon with purple wings) and Lulu (red dragon who roars) are dragons who like to run amuck with Luppie!  
 
Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment